Friday, November 13, 2009

baby steps


Happy Friday, every one!!

I am happy to show you some progress--

Don't act like you're not blown away by all the work we got done while Alyssa was here :) We got the furniture rearranged, painted that one almost-square-foot of wall, found the perfect spot for the toothbrush (JUST for you, Rach). Looks good, doesn't it?!?!!? In all honesty, w/out Alyssa, I would not have a working plan-- which we finally reached when she threatened to call my Mother after over 2 hours in JoAnn's!! A BIG THANK YOU to Alyssa-- I have a plan!!! Dave moved the furniture so we'd be ready to paint THIS WEEKEND. It is going to happen!!! & Alyssa & I, w/the help of some hot hitz from Lisa, got this going--

here we are at a very early stage (doesn't she look too cute to paint??) & then last night I wrapped it up (the green is very close to the green of this blog page-- a bit toned down) --

a 4'x6' mural of the US.
This is my "family tree"-- I'm going to tack up pics of our families (who are all sadly not living in the same city as us!) so that Little Pop can be familiar w/the faces of his extended family, while attaining a working knowledge of our country at the same time. (that last part is a joke)

So, it is getting exciting here at our house. I will get more pics up as we get the room done-- but I didn't want you to think we had been just sitting around eating bonbons. (that does sound nice, though) & here's a pic of me that is TERRIBLE, but I don't think you'll care :)

This is my new favorite lounge gear-- my dad's old camp shirt from when I was in middle school. I found it in the costume closet, washed it & would you believe I've never worn a flannel shirt before?? It is like wearing a HUG, people, & I just never want to take it off. (I do to shower)

Speaking of, I should go take one :) Lunch downtown today!! FANCY.

Have a great weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. What and awesome idea! I love the map! Hum... I won't promise that someday I might not borrow that one. :) You look presh as always. Can't wait to SEE you!!!!!!!! Can't believe the sugar is engaged. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room is looking awesome and can't wait to hear about all in person...next week!?!?! :) I can't wait to see you and that baby bump! Love you so!

    ReplyDelete