Tuesday, December 22, 2009

GIRL TIME!!


One of my favorite things to do when in TX, which I honestly don't get to do very often, is spend time w/my mom & Mary Kay Knight & Ashley Snow!!! I got this treat on my birthday this year & it was EXTRA SPECIAL b/c Ashley has had a baby since I last saw her!!! I got to meet the sweet little Miss Emma & it was the greatest b-day gift of all time!

My sweet Mother took the day off of work, & Mary Kay drove ALL THE WAY FROM ABILENE to spend the day lounging @ Ashley's AND IT WAS SO FUN! It is crazy how it can be "fun" to stare at a baby. People, I know you know this, but babies are FASCINATING! Emma's every expression was so sweet & just holding her & looking at her clothes & EVERYTHING was so fun! I loved it!! Mary Kay made a chocolate cake that was DELICIOUS & we just basked in our friendships & loved being together. I really can't express how much of a blessing it was for me-- three of my favorite ladies in the entire world PLUS an adorable little baby equals: the perfect day :)

Did I mention the birthday lunch was TACO BUENO?!?!?!?!? I would take Bueno over Cheesecake Factory, Maggiano's, Morton's-- you name it, Bueno is better :) (thank you, Mary Kay!!!)

Our family met the Knights in Abilene-- I was in college, so it was '92, & we have been friends ever since. Ashley was just a tiny baby herself then (we are almost 10 yrs. apart, so, so was I) & I LOVE that now we are in that blissful who-cares-how-old-you-are phase of life-- & to get to experience pregnancy together & know that Emma & Poppy will be friends, too, is just so WONDERFUL. I look forward to MANY more girl times-- & sorry, Pop, you will only be included for a few short years. We can't have boys busting up all the fun!!

Here are some sweet shots of the Knight/Snow women :)



How sweet is this little face?!?!?

Thanks for sharing your day w/me & making me feel so special & loved!! You are each so dear to my heart & I love that I could kick off a new year of life in such joyous company :) Thank you for the ways you've touched my life-- I can't wait for Poppy to meet you!!


2 comments:

  1. Well, now I'm crying! :) You are right...it was the PERFECT day & I so wish we had MORE of them!!! Your friendship is such a blessing & I can't wait for Emma to realize what fun her Auntie Em is! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sniff sniff from me too! It was such a perfect day and we loved every second! Thank you for taking the day to be with us! We love you and can hardly wait to meet Poppy! He is more than welcome at our girl parties!!! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete