I thought I'd start out w/this great idea that we couldn't make work! Emmett as Baby New Year-- Mom & I tried, we really did. No cooperation from the model!! I meant to put this on my happy new year post, so here you go:
On to other things...
I am getting this in at just under the two-week-past mark.
I have just deleted a long paragraph of me being hard on myself for Emmett's somewhat failed birthday. You know what I was telling myself at the end? IT DOESN'T MATTER. So I will not bore you w/me trying to be funny about it. To steal words from Kristen, when Emmett came in to the world, it was just the 3 of us & when we marked his 12th month w/us, there was also just the 3 of us-- oh, & Kirk:
the only non-family member in attendance. Emmett LOVES Kirk. (our little spokesbaby from the Kirkland Diapers {couches!} we get @ Costco)
We did manage to have cake, (iced muffins) just 4 days after-- the evening got away from us & I am one of those people that put bed time in front of most things ;)
Anyway, Emmett is currently 2.5' tall!! That sounds SO TALL to us-- he is long & lean, perfectly healthy & such a joy to us. He has gotten 3 top teeth, is practically walking, still playing catch like a champ, loving tunnels (thank you, Oma!), getting more discriminating when it comes to books, LOVES the Wheel of Fortune, recognizes Dave as Dada, loves to help out w/laundry & dishwasher activities, is taking 2 naps & sleeping a minimum of 11 hrs every night, & moving moving moving fast fast fast. We want him to walk, but everyone tells us we'll be longing for the immobile days... I don't know-- it is all so exciting & fun & new, you know?
He did take his two first true steps at the hospital yesterday-- which Joanna said was so ironic ;) & yes, it was. My second home! I was up there getting my incision checked on-- I had my filter removed on Friday & had developed a nice raw rashy allergy to the dermabond, so I had to get it taken off. ANYWAY everything is going great & now on to more interesting things...
PICTURES!!!
Mom took this of the two of us after we called it quits re: New Years Baby photo shoot
This prissy little leg action was really cracking us up, too
The best shot of his teeth to date
A little alone time in his bedroom
CAKE!!!
I was so excited when I saw your post! LOVE all the pictures, thank you! He is such a little doll, love the big boy haircut! Yep, it makes him looks so big! His special guest at his party looks like a very well behaved young man! :) And I bet he didn't eat all the cupcakes either...the perfect little guest!!!! Love and miss you!!
ReplyDeleteEmmett is a doll, as is his mom. So glad you are feeling better.
ReplyDeleteOh I just love him! That big boy haircut is too cute for words! I'm so sorry he didn't enjoy his cake, poor little guy! ;) LOVE YOU!!
ReplyDeleteIt was great to meet Emmett. Happy First Birthday!
ReplyDeleteKeean has been watching Wheel of Fortune (or Thousand Dollars as he calls it) since he was born. He knew all his letters when he was just tiny. I always tell him Wheel of Fortune helps him learn his letters!
I came across your blog on BST's - looks like you are doing awesome! Good-looking family!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I am finally commenting! Can I tell you how much I love that Kirk came to Emmett's party?! David loves the kid on the diaper box too! We don't have Kirk though, we order from amazon.
ReplyDeleteAlso, love that Dave is taking more photos with you in them. And i must know what that great button up the back blouse is that you are wearing. It must be fabulous because those don't come around just everyday anymore you know.
love you! Kelly