Well, I'm glad I didn't make any promises at the end of the last post re:a big picture dump not happening anymore. People, it has not been my year, generally speaking. Have I been hospitalized? No. I have had other things keeping me busy w/my body (no, not working out. Come on, don't you know me at all?) Anyhoo, that is for another time & place.
The kids are huge. They strike me with their bigness. It is scary & startling & wonderful all rolled in to one. Lilli's talking up a storm. Honest. It is mind bottling. (oh, please, more than one person know that joke) Since Emmett never really spoke until well after his 2nd birthday, it is crazy to hear this tiny little peanut (she's barely above 20 lbs, & she's my good eater) talking in full sentences. No examples come to mind, you'll just have to trust me. Emmett is precious to her, as a rule. He is patient & generous & a great example to her most of the time. Every rose has its thorn, however, & there are flare ups, but they are thankfully minimal in occurrence, & of course range in severity.
Ok. I should not be blogging right now. I am too tired & in too serious a mood. And really, isn't pictures what we all really want in a post, anyway?? I have it on good authority that that is true. So, here is our life since...
August
We went to Aspen on vacation with Dave's sister's family. Can I state for the record that Aspen is, indeed, all it's cracked up to be? Unbelievably beautiful. Incredibly casual. Charming. I saw at least 20 people that I know were famous in some cloudy way. Dave saw Dwight What's-his-name who used to play for the Magic & now is a Laker (I think? I'm in over my head here). What I'm saying is, it's LOADED w/people of prestige (worldwide! Another WF reference for the avid fans) & money, but there is no pretension clouding my good time. Did I feel comfortable, you ask, in my Target cargo pants from 5 years ago, without make up & with dirty hair? Yes. Yes, I did.
GO. If you can figure out a way, GO. It is worth the amazing drive. And there's a really amazing pizza place that I would be happy to dig up the name for if you find yourself within Aspen city limits.
Another element to guarantee a good time? Good company. And I mean good in the most elaborate definition you can find.
I. Love. My. In-laws.
I. Love. My. In-laws.
Here we are at the top of Independence Pass. It's about a 5 hour haul from the Denver area, so we were ready to stretch our legs in this beautiful scene!
Here we are at the base of the Maroon Bells. Can you believe this? I want you to know that I am too lazy to Photoshop, so all these beautiful colors are from God's wonderful palette!!
This woman was doing some delightful watercolors, which I wanted to buy, but did not. This is Aspen for you, again, fancy pants artists in old tee shirts at the base of mountains just painting like it's no big deal.
My lovely in-laws.
& us.
Emmett & Lilli would be content to live by a body of water for their entire lives. They could not get enough.
Dave found us this little gem of a spot just outside of Aspen. My green box setting on my SLR got disturbed somehow, & with my eyes as bad as they are I was not entirely convinced these pictures were actually out of focus. The truth will out, people!!! They are completely out of focus, & I have included them here anyway-- just imagine how great these pics would've been IN focus.
These are real mushrooms. Not just made up by Mario Kart, or other myriad illustrations. They exist!
I want a garden of them.
I'm sorry, but could my nephews be sweeter???
especially this one! A true loss!!!
This is by no means a good pic, (you can see my green box got righted at some point), BUT I'm nerd enough to want a pic of my Lilli with Gilly. I prepared you for how stupid it is, but that doesn't detract my love for this pic of these two.
PICKLES!!! This is a new interest of mine-- &
thanks to my friend Amy, pictured with her precious newborn below, it is FUN & easy. & oh, so tasty!!
thanks to my friend Amy, pictured with her precious newborn below, it is FUN & easy. & oh, so tasty!!
I want you to know I have pics picked out & ready to go, but I have overstepped my curfew & am making myself stop for the night. Plus I'm almost out of my Milano Minis (HELLO!!! These were a bad idea but a delicious one). To the most minutest fraction of you who have been irritated that I never post, I submit my most sincere apologies. I have recently joined Instagram (@machtfour) & it has taken the place of this in an odd way. It is barely the same, but it is easy & fast & requires no sitting down, no flipping through hundreds of images searching for the perfect ones. SO, all that to say, it has not been so easy for me to pop in & update. BUT, I really want to be done with this year this year, so you will hear from me again soon. Can you get over that sweet baby Violet giving you the stare down? Because I can't.
Focus or not, those pictures are so sweeeeet! I love your little babies so much and I am so proud that you have some of you and Dave too! Just such a beautiful place!!! Thanks for sharing and for making me laugh. Love you girl! Milano Mini's??? Are you holding out on me???
ReplyDeleteNice...just commented on the next posting not realizing you had posted TWO new updates! Love you...
ReplyDeletewonderful. will have to heed your advice and go to Aspen. Did heed your advice and got a tostada at Tamale Kitchen! and a breakfast burrito . . . oh yum! happy thoughts. Kelly
ReplyDelete