Saturday, January 23, 2010

24 hours & counting...


Ok, people, this time tomorrow night, Dave & I (& our soon-to-be-occupied carseat) will head to Sky Ridge for the beginning phases of my induction!! FINALLY!!!! I have to say, I had a complete melt down last night & my attitude is not awesome as I am, to be honest, so completely SICK of being pregnant. THANK YOU GOD that I am getting to have this baby two weeks early-- the thought of even one more day makes me a little crazed. (sorry for the blunt honesty!!)

Mom, Dad & Mema arrived last night & we spent the day napping, putting finishing touches on the nursery & just saying things like: "This time next week he'll be 5 days old!", etc. :) Very fun. I am amazingly exhausted & feeling ALL of my age & then some, I can't wait to hold this little man in my arms!!! I am ready for a new set of struggles as everyone is quick to point out that things are just going to get harder. I really don't care as long as nausea is NOT a part of it! :)

Just so you know, we decided it is probably easiest for Dave to update facebook, which is hard for me-- as some of you know I detest the fact that I'm even ON facebook, but nonetheless, it is easy & so there you go. He will post on his page & mine when we welcome this sweet little baby-- & a pic, too, if possible. If not, I'll get some up asap when we get home-- which I hope is Weds. evening latest. So, knowing me, you shouldn't hold your breath, BUT as I will at long last have something happy & NOT complainy to put on this confounded blog, surely I will be motivated to do so quickly ;)

In closing, here are the promised pics. I tried to look as 'big' as possible, but Dave says, "you're just not big!"-- which is a bummer, but I'm sure in a few weeks I'll be thankful. Well, thankful or wishing I wasn't so big, which is equally annoying! :) I would like to say that I have done the two following things to make myself feel more glamorous & less frumpy: a new lip gloss purchase (it's the little things) AND, drum roll please, a new hair cut that (even more drum rolling!!!) I ACTUALLY LIKE!!! You're not getting to see it 'done', as I am about to shower & it is clearly pictured in a pony tail, but suffice it to say that I feel less boring & was channeling my inner Rachel McGuire when I decided to make the cut. Thank you, Rachel, for your insane amount of style :) You really should be in a Pantene commercial.

Thank you everyone else for your endless prayers, excitement & love during this eternal pregnancy!! I will be in touch!





3 comments:

  1. You look adorable! I can't believe it Emily, the process to get this baby in your arms starts tonight! Yahoo. I don't care for Facebook either, but I for sure will log on tomorrow! :) God's richest blessings on the three of you! We love you and can't wait to meet your son!!!! Love you all! Mary Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look SO SO SO CUTE!!! AND the room turned out fantastic! I want to see YOU, the room & POPPY SOON! I am thinking about you guys are you are about to head to the hospital. I am praying that everything from this point goes more perfectly than you could have ever imagined. You deserve it! I love you & CAN'T WAIT to hear the news! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable!!! Can't wait to here how sweet poppy and mommy are. Love to you and praying that your new normal and routine are a smooth transition.

    ReplyDelete