Saturday, April 24, 2010

artsy fartsy


Somehow writing out the word "fartsy" makes me a little embarrassed. & Alyssa is currently saying, "Maybe this is not the right mindset for you to be in to blog", but no, I think it is the PERFECT mindset.

We have gone crafty crazy. Yesterday at Target, we decided we would make our own J. Crew-inspired (thank you, Kim, for buying that cute tank while you were here) fancy tees. When you see them, you will think, 'ooh, that is fancy' & then you'll see the Fruit-of-the-Loom imprint where the tag should be & know the truth. These are, in fact, knock-offs. BUT we have gotten much joy in the production, & that's the point, right? Otherwise, how could they charge you so much for a knit top?!?!? Joy has no price ;)

Here are some close-ups:




We decided I should have named this post: Applique is for suckers. (just kidding!!)

I am obviously delirious, sleep-deprived, & a little high on the fact that I'm actually doing something creative... for the first time since little Emmett graced the earth with his sweet presence. Alyssa came to see us, to meet him & to graciously help us out in any way needed. Thanks to my baby-haze, I have been going to the doctor like crazy: I kept forgetting to take my blood thinners (OOPS.) & so we had to get out in near-blizzard conditions yesterday-- anyway, the point is, I'm glad she came.

Hope you enjoyed our fancy tees. We would be delighted to make you one, if you would be delighted to pay us $100 for it :)

I will be posting more pics of Emmett SOON (like today-- I clearly wrote this while Alyssa was here & she's been gone 2 days. Still sleep deprived! & also waiting for pics/videos {CLIFF HANGER!!!} to be uploaded) so stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh can't wait for Emmett pics AND video! wow!
    And I'm impressed by your craftyness. Now if only I were there too, it would ALL be perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, we really need to have a craft day...so you can teach us how to make those adorable shirts! Really!!!!! They are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, from old lady in North Richland Hills reliving my life as a young mom through you...I will cherish your retelling and remember our pasts...love you Em and Emmett and Dave:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em....I love reading your blog and seeing pictures of Emmett. What a blessing! AND....I love those shirts! I've seen those shirts at Target and I keep wanting to buy one but can't bring myself to it. I think you've inspired me!
    mac d

    ReplyDelete