Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Three Months!!

Well, impossible as it may be, time is still a-flying :)

Emmett is getting so big!!
We are daily amazed at what he can do, & what it seems like he wants to do, too!

Things we LOVE about our three month old boy:
- He is SMILEY. So sweet to wake up to his endless supply of smiles & stretches.
- He's quite a kicker. His Aunt Kim noticed this right away when she came to visit this month-- he will kick & kick & kick.
- He travels. I can't classify it as crawling, BUT let me just say that during 'tummy time', we will start at one end of the blanket & end up at the other. Once his arms get a little stronger, I am going to have to start sweeping & vacuuming a lot more.
- He LOVES to be read to! This is a bit surprising to me-- it seems early for him to even notice it. I mean, the first time I read to him I thought it a bit silly-- he's a BABY, but to be honest, he really does love it. We lay on our backs on the floor of his bedroom & he puts his sweet little hand on my shoulder, & I go through his/my favorites. He will 'talk' endlessly during reading time :) (I will later teach him how rude this is! Right now, it is just precious!) His current fave: Hand Hand Fingers Thumb (I've decided it's his favorite b/c of how much he talks during this one) & I love it, too :)
- He is talking A LOT. Now, this may seem crazy, but I could sit & listen to his babbling for days & never tire of it. It is so sweet & the faces he makes while doing it... well, you'd just have to see them for yourself.
- He is waking up only once at night!!! People, I can't even tell you how great this is :) I still manage to be tired, BUT it is lovely to sleep more.
- He is a hand holder. He will wrap those tiny little hands around mine if I'm helping him w/the pacifier (still not completely able to keep it in alone), & he has started to really hold on to me when I hold him. I love to feel that grasping on my shoulder!
- We have a drooler on our hands. We wonder if he will get teeth early, but regardless, there is a need to protect your shoulder if you're not in to wearing wet-shouldered clothing.
- I think he's trying to kiss us back! Based on my extensive studies of baby-kisses, I think his constant open-mouth responses to our kisses are his efforts to return them! Very sweet!!
- I got 2 out-loud laughs last week. They sounded kind of like throat-clearings, but I'm counting it! We can't be far from his laugh becoming part of his smile!
- He is a joy!! If sleeping regularly & fed, he really is pretty chill. If we can just keep this loose skeleton of a schedule going, I think things will just keep getting easier :)







Being a mom is both the toughest & most joyous 'job' of my life! These truly are days of wonder. Emmett is precious, the Lord is faithful, & we are one little happy family :)
...

This may be a somewhat indulgent addition, but I loved seeing Ashley's Emma video, so here goes nothing. I hate hearing myself talk, but I love his sweet (& sometimes crazy looking) little expressions-- this is probably too long, so none taken if you don't watch the whole thing ;) I don't expect it to be as exciting to you as it is to me (& the grandparents!).


6 comments:

  1. I can't quit smiling! I was so excited when I opened my blogger and saw TWO updates! Yahoo. I love all the pictures...he is so adorable Emily! Isn't motherhood just the best?!?! I love the video, please do that more often!!! We love to watch this precious one! I can't believe he is 3 months old...and Emma almost 8 months old! Crazy! I love you so much, miss you terribly and can't wait to meet Emmett officially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My day has official been made! Those pictures and that video!!!!!!! They are so so precious!! I can not stand it...I've got to meet this little guy. Thanks for the updates & love you both!
    Happy three month birthday sweet little Emmett!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness! He is such a doll! I am in love. I am so glad that you are enjoying motherhood and seem to be feeling well! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is a love! Just perfect Em!

    I am so thrilled to read every last detail...so thankful for the blessings of blogs. Across time and distance, you are so dear to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a little Dave he is!! Is it just me? I really see a little, miniature Dave Macht! So so sweet and so adorably precious.

    We (the Fisher family, the Wesson family, etc.) are just dying to meet him! I can't wait to get my hands on him! ....except for that whole wet "show-der" thing.... :)

    Love you and hope to see all 3 of you SOON!!

    ReplyDelete