Tuesday, October 26, 2010

#9



Oh, Emmett!!

He is so sweet. So happy. So easy going. So fun to be with! He is getting pretty independent-- making laps around our sectional, crawling all over the place, standing up in the kitchen & opening/closing the cabinet doors (we need to baby proof!), reaching out for whichever one of us isn't holding him, smiling w/a wrinkled up nose, growling, showing more of his temper when provoked by our cruelty, & in general, making our lives so much fun!! He is babbling like crazy, still favoring 'dadada' over any other syllable... still loves to be read to, likes running errands, loves taking naps @ Aunt Shannie's. He has become a bit of a flirt-- the nurses at my hematologist's office LOVE me to bring him when I go in for checks :) He is precious. He is priceless. He is pretty cute, too ;)

Life is easier & less scary than it was 9 months ago-- & we are thankful to have made it this far w/only a minor cold on his record. He did get a flu shot today, so hopefully we can stay healthy this flu season, too! I love how he is noticing more & more of his world-- he is LOVING Bella, the Burcham's dog-- all he has to do is see her & he starts laughing-- same w/Buddy & Slugger next door @ Angie's. He loves his reflection & can be entertained by it quite often-- always very happy to see himself! He LOVES Dave, he gets very excited to stop in @ his "office" & crawls to it w/ease these days. He has climbed the stairs from the basement to the kitchen at least 3 times-- w/one of us close behind, just in case :) He has just this past week been introduced to Sesame Street & laughed out loud @ Telly & some other puppet I could not identify. It was so fun to see him enjoying it! Even when they were just showing the alphabet he was riveted!

He is eating great, sleeping great, playing great... everything's great!

I have, dare I say it, been timely FOR ONCE w/a birthday post-- please enjoy our month in review :)

(& thanks, as always, for wanting to)



I can't quite handle this face. It is HILARIOUS to me. I love love love it when he gets in this face mode several times a day-- my sister used to make this face as a baby, so it is not only funny, but sweetly sentimental, too :)
(oh, & please ignore the shiny gold Vegas curtain-- I am having some difficulty getting the room as dark as I want it, so we are still trying things out-- all suggestions welcome!)

we headed down to the open space behind our house to shoot a few autumn leaves shots-- not as successful as I had dreamed, but still a few goodies...





it should be very obvious to you by now that I like funny faces

I love these two, but Dave thinks they are weird. I will not set up a poll of who sides w/who, but if you do happen to not love these so much, you are not alone :)
BUT I LOVE THEM!!!!!



this one... well, even I am not a huge fan, BUT it does show you what he does CONSTANTLY.

I love this face!!!

this is a close-up of Emmett's scary hair potential

he loves to drink from a cup!

cabinet closing in action



in the backyard

another failed photo shoot!


we love our boy!!!


4 comments:

  1. just finished looking at the photos...ummmm...he's too cute to explain how cute he is!!!! and i love how big they are, i feel like i can almost smell his baby-scent! and every time i show Noah pics of Emmett, he smiles his face off!!! and now that Noah is talking more, he says Babee, babee! i need to take a picture of Noah screaming at Emmett. He has the perfect almond shaped eyes...can't wait to meet him, SOME DAY! next year maybe :) and i'm a huge fan of the funny faces, no surprise to you!
    xoxo paulie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have that same pacifier from photo #1. :) I do not consider the leaf photo shoots failures at all! They look great! I love hearing all that Emmett is doing and seeing him in his cozy clothes! The cup photo and cabinet door photo are both REALLY good. Way to go. You have inspired me to try to finish up my post for six months just a wee bit late. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so so so cute & sweet & precious & BIG!!! How can it be that he is crawling & pulling up & and making such CUTE FACES!!?! MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not even express how excited I got when I saw you had posted something...and then to find all these adorable pictures...I LOVE all the expressions this little guy makes! So precious! I need to see him. I need to! I can't believe how big he is getting and yes, isn't life just the best right now! Don't you just love every single moment!!! WE love you! And miss you terribly!

    ReplyDelete