Friday, February 24, 2012

Lilli's 3rd month & Emmett's 24th!!



What a whirlwind this month was!!

We have been battling being sick at our house-- just the boys, really-- since Christmas! We had a few days of feeling better & thankfully they fell on Emmett's birthday week!! Dave has had quite a bit of travel recently, too, so we had a little tiny party 2 days before the real day--






& then I couldn't bear to not acknowledge it on the actual day, so some sweet friends whose kids are always so precious to enjoy my little ones stopped by after school for some cake & after-school snack time. It was low-key, which is my middle name these days-- or maybe my first name-- AND if it weren't for my inspirational mother, there would have been no decor at all. So do not be impressed w/me-- I am needing major training wheels these days, so I am comforted to have them just up the street! Energy & creativity & fun all rolled in to one!!

it takes years to learn how to bake a cake that has a sunken-in center like that.

Lisa w/Lilli-- you've gotta love Amy's background face!


these balloons were the hands-down winner of the day (a copied idea to have them spread all over the floor-- he LOVED running in them!)


Sweet Maggie w/Lil

***

I started making a list of Emmett's words, just to know what he truly has a hold on & I was amazed at how much he knows! (but will not bore you w/the list)
He is good on his alphabet, on letters 1-20, he knows his colors & shapes (even octagon!!), he is really in to opposites, too, thanks to this video series, so he can answer things like, "what's the opposite of up?" etc. Now, I take no credit for this-- the TV has done it & his sweet brain that just heard it & saw it & got it. There is plenty he isn't doing-- I don't want to sound like we have a baby genius on our hands. He's just at a fun age & chooses what he wants to remember ;)
He still loves to be read to, has even started memorizing books & filling in the words that I leave out (I love to pop-quiz him!!).
He loves loves loves Goodnight Moon-- he will point to every object as it is read. He loves to say "goodnight nobody" & always says "hush" in this tiny little whisper that is just so cute!!
He got a train set from our in-laws & LOVES it. He got some legos from the Cox family & loves those, too! He likes to build towers & have his stuffed animals knock them down-- he'll say, "oh, no! Tigger!!" & walk him up to the tower to push it down-- so fun.
He really does have a whole family of stuffed animals-- they come downstairs for breakfast, back up for nap time, back down after-- you get the picture :) .
He loves stop signs & is always pointing them out-- "top tigh".
He loves to say "hold on!" when we head out of the driveway or make a turn.
He said, "be careful, Mama" as I was going down the stairs this week-- it almost made me tear up it was so sweet!
He is putting things together so quickly & I know you know, but we do LOVE our boy!!

Lilli is doing wonderfully.
She is cooing, & holding her head better, & smiling almost always, & in general just being so cute. Her little legs are so strong, but she is still not a big fan of tummy time. We're a work in progress :) She does LOVE her daddy-- he gets smiles easy & is the best antidote to that evening fussy time.

cuddling with Gaga


hanging out with Dada


Ok. That's it.
I have more 3 month pics of Lilli that are still on the camera, so I will put those in a little addendum later.
(I know! A cliffhanger!!!)

Blessings on you all! Thanks for checking in on us :)


3 comments:

  1. PRECIOUS pictures, as always! :) They are so so cute & I can't believe how they are BOTH growing!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emmett is so terrific at two, Lilli is lovely at 3 months, the photos of Lilli with Grandmother are heart-melters, but I have to confess I did a triple-take on Dave - either he had been painting or he's got some nice gray going on at his left hairline! Love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am behind on checking my google reader so I can't describe my excitement when I opened it this morning to find pictures from you!!! YEAH!!! They are adorable and I love the one of Lilli with GaGa (Is that the name...is she going to go with GaGa???) The sunken cake looked yummy!!! Just means it was probably a little goey in the middle which is my favorite! :) Love you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete