Monday, May 7, 2012

SIX MONTHS!!


Every time I start to feel guilty about Lilli-heavy posting, I try to remind my self of the almost TWO years of Emmett-heaviness & relax. It's ok to have a little limelight for Lilli :)

Oh, my goodness!! This little one!! She still seems so baby to me, whereas Emmett was more big baby @ six months. Things she does that I love:
FINALLY sleeping through the night. Mostly. Last night she didn't, but every rose has its thorn. She does not love napping, which is despairing for me, BUT maybe she's just still training herself there-- we are just a little over a week in to making her cry it out, so you never know.
She starts talking a lot when she is very sleepy-- especially in the car, but @ bed time, too. & I love it! It is funny, & I wonder what in the world she's trying to say to me.
Eating-- & MESSY. This girl wasn't born with the consumptive finesse of her brother. She gets it everywhere & is anxious to help me get the spoon in her mouth. I shouldn't totally discourage that, since I will admit I am still helping Emmett out on the food front (soup, beans, yogurt, liquidy stuff only!) b/c I ruined him in to not tolerating a mess-- even a misplaced crumb will end a meal for that kid. SO, back to Lilli, I will try to get past my own intolerance of food mess :)
She has started smacking her little hands together in a really hard-to-describe way. But it's funny & I love seeing her do it. She seems really frustrated, but only in her hands.
She beams @ Dave from across the room :) & is, in general, an easy smiler & laugher!! Love love love it. Makes getting up early a whole lot easier :)
She's getting better & better @ unassisted sitting up. Not a whisper of a crawl yet, still hates to be on her tummy, but does love to sit up! PTL!! We have been wondering if she'll be one of those early walkers who never crawl... I doubt it, but it makes more sense than her crawling. At least right now.
She's in that everything-in-my-mouth-NOW phase-- which is, if we're honest, nasty. Cute, though, so very cute, but just watch out or she'll use your face to dry her hands on. Eeeeeew!!!

In short, she is still our sweet little baby Lilliface! We love her to pieces. Emmett, too, as long as she keeps her goopy hands to herself. (He does not appreciate any touching from her AT ALL) She is curious, reaches for everything, & loves company! We are so blessed & can't imagine life without our little tiny baby lady. Her sweet nature & generous happiness are truly a joy to us in every way. 









No comments:

Post a Comment