Tuesday, July 24, 2012

#9!!!

In a nutshell:

Nothing, I repeat, nothing is exempt from tasting. I have yet to snap a pic of her favorite flavor in the house: my flips. If I accidentally leave the laundry room door open, this girl will hightail it to where we keep our shoes-- & always always chooses my flip flops!! So gross!!


Anything can be used as a brace to pull up on! She wants to be UP!!! She pulls up constantly-- & will cruise around & on any available surface-- she walks the halls using the walls for support! It's crazy!!

Here, using nothing not terribly successfully

A little shout-out to the big brother she adores: Emmett & his true loves, Sally & McQueen. Poor Emmett, constantly changing locations to get away from Lilli-- since she can't tell him how much she loves him & wants to be doing what he's doing, she has to show him w/unwelcome physical attention. He had recently quarantined off a little corner behind the couch that, as of yesterday, is no longer secure. Now he's just picking up everything & moving to a new place every 5 seconds. I go back & forth between who I feel sorry for-- one minute her, the next him...


We had a visit from Lisa, you may remember hearing from her last summer when I was not able to fill you in myself, & her newest little bit this month!! Oh!! The girl time!! It was wonderful &, as it tends to always be, too short. But at least we documented!! Something I'm TERRIBLE about, as you well know. Darcy fascinated Lilli :) Please come back SOON!!!


"Yet's play YEGOS!!!"-- one of my current favorite Emmett quotes! Yesterday after he said it, he added, "Dada, you pway yegos." So sweet. Lilli has come to love them as well, & I will often find the three @ the Lego table-- Emmett building, Lilli tearing down, Dave the referee  :) We call her The Destroyer. But at least she's a cute one.


We also got a visit from my cousin, Danna, & her daughter, Ande!!! We were overjoyed to see them-- & it was such fun to catch up, hear about Ande's graduation & plans for the fall, & just be together!! COME BACK!!


Here we are on the fourth! Finally, Lilli let me put a bow on & left it alone. Now if you're like my dad or grandmother, & you think bows are stupid, you will not like these pics ;) But maybe this little smiley face can win you over??






She has mastered the stairs!! So scary!!! Twice this week I have discovered her 3 steps up (I know, Mother of the Year)-- we have had months of not having to be so cautious w/the gate, but those days are gone! Today she went all the way up-- yes, I was right behind her, don't worry! But here she is pulling up on the gate-- a favorite haunt. I think she's impressed with herself, to be honest. I think I am, too.


She is silly. Which I love & need her to be!! An easy laugh if she knows you, maybe not so friendly if she doesn't.


Here she is on the actual day of turning 9 months. I forgot to take pics all day, this is a grab shot heading to bed-- doesn't she look tired?? & is she a lovable friend??? We don't know yet, Disney-- couldn't you have just given us a cute bib w/Pooh & Piglet on it?!?!?! (bib rants will continue until they are not a part of my life anymore, I'm sorry.)

It is of course unnecessary for me to say how much we love this little firecracker. She is changing so much right now-- still not too verbal, except for the occasional ba ba ba, but she has been kind of screaming (in a nice way) at us if she's in the mood. I distinctly remember Emmett said mama @ 9 months, but he'd been saying dada forever-- kids are such individuals!! (statement of the obvious)

I would like to continue this post, but will refrain. I can hear Emmett waking up-- my free time is up for the moment :) 

I can't believe Lilli will be ONE in just three months!! It is too too fast...

til next time :)

2 comments:

  1. So precious! She is a doll - let's get the families together soon!
    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is just too cute for words. And I am missing getting to kiss on those sweet cheeks BIG TIME!!!

    ReplyDelete