Most of you probably know that I lived in Japan two summers.
2002 & 2003.
Both of those summers were life-changing.
Both of those summers brought me friendships that are most dear.
Both of those summers I shopped at Right On.
Now, people, you can't understand how much I loved Right On.
If you've known me a while,
you're bound to remember my pancake shirt, &, perhaps,
my tank top that has a girl's face on it. A simple face, but a cute one.
My sweet friend Judith, who is the reason I ever went to Japan in the first place,
was with me both summers, & we said our goodbyes at the end of that last summer
at the airport-- she stayed there & I came back to the states. Since, she has been a
beautiful blessing to those sweet people in Hitachi-- witnessing countless miracles &
touching hearts for Jesus with each breath she breathes. She has been living in that
cool, colorful, generous & just awesome place & I have had my days of feeling jealous about it--
but thankfully got to share it w/Dave when we went to see her in 2006.
I would move to Japan tomorrow if it made any sense... & will definitely go ANY chance I get for the rest of my life.
BUT, Judith, in all her generosity & thoughtfulness, has sent me the most amazing gift-- & in the process of a move, even!!
Britney & Darla, if you'll give me a drumroll....
A replacement. A wonderful sentimental complete-surprise replacement.
When Mother came to help out right after Emmett was born, we went through a box of clothes that I was holding on to, but no longer wearing. My original tank was in this box... & we decided it was time to let it go. Little did I know that I would be getting a new one so soon!!! I told Judith, silly as it sounds (& yes, I know this couldn't be on a more superficial level), isn't it just like God to be so fun & sweet? It was hard for me to let go of that tank, lame, but hard--
& here I sit w/a brand new one.
He wants us to let go of things that burden us so that
He can give us His good gifts.
I believe it.
I'm happy to experience it on this level,
so that I can recognize it on deeper levels as I know
there are things I must let go of that-- for whatever reason--
I can't or just haven't.
So, thank you, Judith-san!!! Not just for the tank, but for the blessing of the lesson learned.
We will now stand & sing 728B.
HAHA if you get that joke.
But on a lighter note, I was also gifted w/another cool shirt from my sweet husband upon his return from Germany!!! She is some German royalty, but I forget the whole story-- a wife of Leopold or something??This one came w/out a spiritual lesson for me, but I do LOVE it.
Have a happy Wednesday!!! Blessings on your move, Judith-- you deserve a beautiful start to a new chapter of your life. I love you!!
i love you Emily! your posts have been highlights to some of my monatanus (can't spell that word) days! i don't think it's superficial AT ALL that God gives us sweet blessings like your tang top story! i have been enjoying reading a blog from a friend i met at language school in CR and I think you'll enjoy it, here it is http://jamiewrightcr.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteit has nothing to do with any of your posts, but i have wanted to share it with you, so you can share a few laughs (and spiritual insight) with me :o)
kisses for Emmett from me!!! we gotta skype some day!
and i LOVE LOVE LOVE the videos you took...i was cracking up!
emily!! you have me laughing and crying at the same time! :) To think that I ever doubted sending that to you! I'm so glad it has blessed you and allowed this walk down memory lane! Thank you for the blessings you have been pouring into my life over the years!! love you and miss you so!!!
ReplyDeleteI love your spiritual lesson and had to laugh out loud at the 728B comment. Blessings sweet friend.
ReplyDelete