I am a garage-saler.
I am.
I was raised on garage sales, & find them one of the funnest
Saturday activities known to man.
I could fill this blog with the list of treasures I've found in my lifetime,
but will spare you the majority to share this one:
I went hunting about in our neighborhood recently & stumbled across a woman who was
FINISHED sitting out in the sun w/her wares-- she gave me all of these glass pcs., PLUS a pack-n-play & a swing for...
wait for it.......
TWO DOLLARS.
$2, people. Candles included.
(though not pictured)
I would be remiss if I didn't add that the two tallest, & the one to the far left, were already residents here @ 7150, OR the fact that the buffet they're on was only $35 plus a quart of red paint.
The best $2 I ever spent-- & hopefully this summer, I will make good on my purchase by enjoying many beautiful nights eating outside w/these candles lighting the table.
& now I have a swing in my office to entertain Emmett whilst posting :)
Ok, I was already jealous when I heard about them. Now that I've seen them...I don't think jealous can describe it. The look awesome! Seriously. I think we need to go garage saling together...maybe then I'd find something great!
ReplyDeleteAnd two posts in one day, you are trying to be like me...aren't you???
Get out of town! That is SO great. Also, I am loving your walls! Did you guys do that? I LOVE them. I think you need to do a home tour blog. :)
ReplyDeleteOh yea! They are even better now that I have seen them! $2, seriously! I think the heat was getting to that poor woman! I am with Ashley, two post in one day gets me quite excited that you might possibly make this a routine! YIPPEE! I am ready to see the post on the quilt! You really should enter that into some contest...your mom deserves a ribbon for that one!
ReplyDeleteoh my! great deal, steal actually. we went this morning and I got a fat ziploc of ric rac (rick rack?) and other trims for a mere quarter. love it! Kelly
ReplyDelete