So my friend over at
sundrenched moments
(sundrenchedmoments.blogspot.com)
got me interested in this blog-world phenomenon that is posting on the 10th of every month what you were doing every hour for ten hours.
I'm not great at explaining it, but feel free to check it out at:
tenontenphotojournal.blogspot.com
I think it is such a great concept AND wanted so badly to get on board last month
(10 on 10.10.10!!!) but completely missed that, so here we are today.
Three days late. BUT to be fair, I did take all these pics on the 10th, so there must be some small break for me somewhere!!
We started early @ 6:15-- I ignored the morning sounds for 30 minutes, & then walked in to the nursery to this delightful face...
An hour later breakfast was served
an hour later, play time
after that, Emmett was sleeping
after that, I was sleeping
(no photo available)
then lunch for me
then over to Aunt Shannie's for a visit
a little hat modeling for his soon-to-be cousin
(who is obviously going to be female. Don't worry, I'm not big in to dressing up babies in opposite sex clothing, but the hat seemed huge so I just had to see how huge it was & then we thought it was so funny, etc)
home again, home again
dinner!
bath!! (a bonus for the wait)
So, if any of you were imagining me having a glamorous life, let this put all assumptions to rest at last!! I love my life-- "a small but significant life"-- but it is at times void of all glamour. My 24 year old self would be mortified by this prospect. My almost 37 year old self is relieved!!
I hope you enjoyed our ten on ten-- I was amazed by how quick the day went when having to clock-watch & document things. I resisted the urge to have an extraordinary day of super-cute planned-out outfits & set-up photo shooting-- this is a true slice of our life!
Maybe someday I'll spice it up a bit ;)
You just never can tell.
love that striped bib over the brown camo and love those two little teeth! Oh how our 20 something and 30 something selves are different. :) Good point my friend! Kelly
ReplyDeleteI love this blog...I guess I just love seeing the ordinary things in your day...which by the way are extraordinary!! That little guy is too cute for words and seems like he just loves life!!! By the way, I love the way you are keeping him from opening the cabinet doors!! Very high tech! :)
ReplyDeleteOk...I might have to jump on the bandwagon! I love it!
ReplyDeleteI just love that little Emmett so much & can't believe & precious & sweet & happy & handsome he is! Miss you & love you!