I really do hate to even write this, but after talking to my mom this weekend, I decided I should-- as any idea given a thumbs-up from her HAS to be a good one.
I am sad to announce that I am going to have surgery on Dec. 2nd. I am both dreading it & counting down the days till then. I just CAN NOT feel good, have had several tests run & my GI, who is so dear, feels that surgery is my only option.
Dave & I met w/my surgeon maybe 2 weeks ago & he further confirmed my GI's findings. He said I'm on 2 of the most aggressive crohn's meds (@ high doses) & am still managing to flare. (since July!) I am so ready to just feel good!! Even though I know, truly, that things could be MUCH worse. I have been able to stay away from the ER, & pray to be able to until the 2nd.
While talking things over w/Dave, we realized that I have not had any problems w/the 2 major surgeries I've had since we've been here-- the problems are always post-op & in the blood department. SO, I have an appt. w/my hematologist tomorrow-- I'm hoping he'll put in another IFV filter just to be safe. Either way, we're hoping for an uneventful surgery and recovery.
I'm writing this to ask you to pray for me, if you think of it. I have been so blessed by your prayers in the past, & selfishly request another round. I'm really working you this year! I am sad to think of being away from my little man for a week, & unable to care for him for 6-- I won't be able to lift anything over 10 lbs until I've fully healed. My sweet mother is once again coming to our rescue-- we are so blessed by her willingness to help ALWAYS. The silver lining of it all is having her captive for 6 weeks! But I know it is a long time for her to be away from my dad, work & home, too, so pray for us all! Dave has been traveling like crazy, Emmett is on the move, it's the holidays... it doesn't feel like good timing, but God has been faithful to time things perfectly w/each surgery I've had, so I am trying to not limit myself to what my own eyes see.
He IS faithful. I am praying for relief & protection & healing-- these are small things for His hand.
Thank you for loving me & praying over me-- it means so much. I'll keep this as updated as I can!
Dear dear Emily. You already are being prayed over. We had talked to your mom, so knew this was coming up and though I HATE that you are having to go down that road again, we all want nothing more than for you to feel good!!! So happy your mom can be there and take care of you and Emmett. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do. But, yes, we are praying girl!!! And you are so right, God is faithful and we rest in the knowledge that He loves you so much than us and He has you in the palm of his hand!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, em! I'm so sad to read this news, but so thankful your sweet momma "made" you tell! I'm praying starting right now, that the Healer will heal & that you will find rest & peace in His protection. So happy to think of your mother caring for you and for sweet Emmett. These will be treasured moments & memories to be made. How nice of you to sacrifice to give her an "excuse" to come play with Emmett for so long! What an amazing & loving mom, what a gift she is! I love you & wish I were close by to help out. Praying for you, Dave, Emmett, & your family.
ReplyDeleteAs I said before I am praying!! What did your hematologist say? love you, Kelly
ReplyDelete