Thursday, December 2, 2010

anywhere...

Well, let's just say that turning 37 was not my favorite time ;)

THANK YOU for all your sweet thoughts, sentiments & prayers yesterday-- God was faithful, & I am ready for surgery! Let's get this party started!!!

Lisa's post about songs (or scriptures, etc) OF COURSE was a blessing to me, & even though you are so preciously praying for me, I thought I'd let you know I've been praying for you, too, & thinking these things to myself:

Anywhere with Jesus I can safely go
Anywhere He leads me in this world below
Anywhere without Him dearest joys would fade
Anywhere with Jesus I am not afraid

Anywhere, anywhere
Fear I cannot know
Anywhere with Jesus I can safely go

AND, in reference to us all:

I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips.

I sought the Lord & he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.

Taste & see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

The lions may grow weak & hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.

ps. 43:1, 4, 8, 10

Thank you so much for loving me & taking care of me in ways only He can accomplish. I am humbled by your spirits of courage, & know that He is with me today-- & you, too!

May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord,
even as we put our hope in you.
ps. 33:22

See you on the flip side, yo!!!

3 comments:

  1. With every breath today, I lift you to the Father. May you feel His breath on your cheek today as He sings over you!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you constantly Em...Praying over the doctors, nurses, everyone who comes in contact with you...Mercy, I love you so! Eager to her the news that all has gone weel. My prayers will not cease!

    BJB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, thank you for this verse and for this song!

    I am so sorry about the day of turning 37 but I have high, high hopes for the year of 37!

    The song that God impressed on my heart this morning, literally had me sobbing on my knees in my living room was "Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Praise Him all creatures here below! Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts! Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost!"

    It is not for me to beg Him for blessings for you as if I must eek them out of Him.

    Oh no.

    I am to praise Him, trusting His richest blessings to fall all over you!!!

    I am continuing to pray. I pray for a good surgery with zero complications and I emphatically pray for *ZERO* blood clots!

    I love you! Kelly

    ReplyDelete