Seriously, people, I really am.
What in the world is going on here???
NO SNOW.
Barely cold... what's the point of living where snow is supposed to be falling, when it is nowhere to be found?!?!?
Ok, the rant is over.
I thought it was high time I updated on my feelings, & thank you so much for the calls, cards, meals-- all these sweet little checking-on-me's that I so appreciate. It is hard to make time for this blog when one of my favorite people in the world is sharing my home for a few weeks-- how do we even sleep w/all the being-together that is happening??
Things, THANKFULLY, have been light-years better than they were the last time I went through this whole ordeal! Praise God! I am thankful beyond words-- it is like a completely different recovery. Now, don't get me wrong, the hospital was AWFUL. Awful. I don't even remember most of it, but what I do remember I would like to forget. I will spare you details. But since I came home... the first week was not good, but I have had a lot of mobility (last time I couldn't even sit up by myself for 2 wks) & just being able to freely move around has been great. I have my ups & downs, of course, some days hard & some days so easy that Dave was saying he has to remind himself that I even had surgery :) God is good ALL THE TIME. It is trite, but true, for sure. I know your prayers were answered & then some! I think it is going to be hard to keep myself w/in my post-op limits b/c if I'm feeling this good & it's only been a few weeks, waiting 6 to pick up my little one is not going to be easy. BUT I will make myself maintain a certain level of pathetic to keep my mother here ;) I'm teasing, of course, but seriously, she is saving our lives! & Emmett loves her!! (that doesn't make the most sense-- I mean, the flow of this paragraph is a joke!! but I'm currently in another percocet haze, so please forgive me)
My body required the drugs b/c I overdid it this morning by making a trip to the mall for Emmett to meet the wonder that is SANTA. He laughed the minute we set him in his lap-- that tickly beard & coat!! But of course stopped the smiles the minute the photos were being snapped. Still, we are happy w/the results, even if the cost was $20 & a terrible ache in the abdomen ;)

Anyway, there isn't much excitement for me to update you on. We get up, we eat, we sleep, repeat. I have been going to the hematologist a lot, & I'll be seeing my surgeon this week for my post-op appt. EXCITING!!!
All right. Emmett just woke up, so things are busy again here at the homestead.
Really, seriously, thank you so much for your sweet prayers, thoughts & encouragements!! I know I would not be feeling the way I do if God wasn't merciful every day & what a great time of year to be reminded of His great mercies!
In closing, & sadly on a sad note, two of my dearest friends have lost family members this week. It breaks my heart in two to think about standing there @ mile one of the LONG road called Grief. I am so sad for them, mindful of how hard it will make an already busy time, & how for years Christmas will be much more melancholy (ok, HORRID) than it will ever be again. I know this feeling, & I hate to think of that suffering for anyone else-- couldn't we just live vicariously through those that have traveled this road before us?? I wish suffering the sadness of my sister's death was enough to cover any loved-ones' sadness for the rest of my life... but I know that it is important, however difficult, to know that loss-- it makes the sacrifice of Jesus that much more amazing. It just doesn't make sense-- & it will never make sense. How could we be loved that much? I don't mean to get all preachy. I'm just devastated for them, & if you think of them, especially if you have known this loss, lift them up to the God who is close to the broken hearted, who has stolen death's sting, & who is, at this moment, welcoming two new men in to the heavenly community w/great rejoicing.
May He quiet you with His peace, Rach & Kel. I love you so dearly.
Love the update and LOVE the picture of Emmett & Santa! Both of their looks say so much! :) Love you!
ReplyDeleteTell your Mom hello for me...love you...praying and thinking of you every day and night...! Pic is darling! Today we are in Houston for Melissa's wedding (my neice, David's daughter) Sam did the photos and now says ( like his mentor) that he will never do weddings again!!!ha....much love
ReplyDeleteJust catching up on blogs. So glad you are doing well. Thanks for the sweet words of sympathy for Kelly. Love you.
ReplyDelete